Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Parliament


Not the political kind. The ‘group of owl’ kind. 

owls3Before Christmas, one of the people I follow on Twitter posted a picture of an owl she had sewn as a Christmas gift.  Immediately I declared myself a seamstress and decided to make a few for my friends’ little ones (which is why I couldn’t share before Christmas. As for why I couldn’t share until the end of March…I have no excuse).

The tutorial is from Hammer and Thread and is very easy to follow.  I used some left over fabric I found from my last “I declare myself a seamstress” adventure and got to work.





I think the eyes are what secure these owls as totally adorable. Wouldn't you agree? I made three owls in total; once you start, it’s really hard to stop!

I have a tiny sewing machine, (that will be upgraded very very soon) that I bought with the intention of sewing on my cards. It doesn't actually sew through paper. It can, however, help out in small projects like this.

The hardest part about making the owl is the tail, but other than that the pattern comes together quite quickly. 
owls7
The owls were a big success, and my Godson has already declared that the purple owl made for his baby sister is now his.  I guess that means once I get the new sewing machine, I’ll be making at least one more owl ;)

Happy Sewing!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More
This Is A Do-Follow Blog