Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Introducing Knitley Road

Hello friends, I’d like to share with you the reason why I’ve been away from blogging for so long…I’ve opened up a new shop for my knitted creations.

Introducing Knitley Road!  I’ve got a small number of items in the shop now and I’m working on creating more.  I’m also trying to find a balance between knitting and playing with paper.  Knitting takes much longer!

My vision for Knitley Road is accessories such as scarves, purses, brooches, mitts and a few other things I have in mindI’m also going to feature some amazing yarn to make my creations; quite a bit of it has been imported from Italy and it’s just amazing!

Each day this week I’ll feature a set of items in the shop and over time, I’ll be sharing my WIP (work-in-progress) here on the blog.  Knitley Road does have it’s own Facebook page, but the blog will be shared between A Paper Buffet and Knitley Road.

First up, are some knit flower brooches.  These are made from 100% Egyptian cotton made in Italy, and is super soft.  I bought a few balls in different colours to try them out, I usually don’t knit with cotton.  But this knits up really well, and I have some ideas for new patterns and projects using this yarn.

 

Here’s the denim blue flower.  I’ve knit each layer and then chosen a small rhinestone button for the centre

(click the picture to be taken to the link in the shop)

 

 

 

 

Here’s the grey flower, it’s like a dark slate grey.

 

 

 

 

 

Here’s a soft lilac flower, featuring a pearl and rhinestone button in the centre. I think I’m going to take some new pictures of this one, it was hard to photograph that day.

 

 

 

 

 

Each of these brooches look really great on a coat, scarf or even your favourite purse.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

And all brooches have a locking bar pin on the back that’s been sewn onto a small small felt backing so it’s nice and secure.

Each brooch ships in a small gift box, so it’s perfect for gift giving.

 

You can shop these knit flower brooches here.

 

Happy Tuesday!

1 comments:

Beautiful!  I am going to make these to put on a lap blanket and a few scarves and for handbags. Thank you! :-)

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More
This Is A Do-Follow Blog