Sunday, December 9, 2012

An Artist’s Affair- The Day After: An Open Thank-you Letter

Yesterday was my fourth appearance at An Artist’s Affair, and the first time there with Knitley Road. The doors opened an hour earlier and we had a steady stream of people all day.  There was live (and amazing!) local musical talent, and even a visit from the Big Guy in Red (a.k.a. Santa).

As I sit here this morning and process yesterday’s events, I’m delighted at the support and excitement there is for local artisans here in London.  With over 30 vendors, this was the biggest show- and what a show it was!

I love being able to meet my customers, have a chat and learn who they’re buying for- a gift to give, or a gift to keep. 

I noticed people were more engaged: I was asked how I started making cards (a sidebar to scrapbooking); who taught me to knit (Nonna); how did I name Knitley Road (just made it up).

I lost count as to how many people smiled at the big eyes on the owl hats.

People asked me how long it took me to make the knit items, and then thanked me for making art.

 


I want to thank each and everyone of my customers and those who visited and supported any vendor yesterday at An Artist’s Affair. 

Your money is hard-earned, and you made a choice to support small local businesses and help your local economy grow.

For that I say Thank You.

 

I want to thank the organizers of An Artist’s Affair- Katie and Deanne, and all their supporting staff.

Thank you for giving us a space to share our art, to make people smile and to grow our local economy.

For that, I say Thank You.

 

Happy Sunday,

Steph

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More
This Is A Do-Follow Blog