Thursday, January 31, 2013

Knitley Road: knit headbands

I brought back some beautiful wool from B.C., some big and bulky Cowichan yarn.  I brought back ivory and dark grey; the yarn is virgin yarn, meaning it’s undyed. Depending on the sheep, there’s just a few colour variations: ivory, brown and 3 shades of grey.

 

The wool is very warm and it was perfect for these headbands I made for Knitley Road.  Knit up on size US 15 needles, they are bulky but oh so warm!

I made one for myself and wore it during our recent cold snap; -25C with the windchill and my ears were nice and toasty.

 

 

 

 

 

I’m thinking about trying my hand at handpainting the ivory yarn and knitting up some hats with the coloured yarn…that’s pretty far down the “to-do” list, but I’m hoping I do find some time to try it.

I really love this yarn and can’t wait to work with it again; it’ll make great warm hats and cowls.  I’d love to make some mittens, but I’ll have to do some test patterns because it’s so bulky I don’t know if the mittens will actually move.

 

Stay warm!

 

 

 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More
This Is A Do-Follow Blog